Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I saw Guster and the Zambonis

I went to see Guster on Sunday. They played at a place called Bradley Un-Iveristy. It's in Peoria. It's right off of main street. On the the way there we passed 3 gay bars, all within 2 blocks.

I went with Pete and Steve and Steve's girlfriend Liz, and their friend Kevie (sp?). Kevie's a pilot and plays soccer. She came to the concert to see one of the opening bands; Carbon Leaf.

The other opening band was this band called the Zambonis. I liked the Zambonis. They played songs about hockey. I'm ok with hockey. I played a lot of hockey on my sega back in the day. I talked to the guys from the Zambonis after the show. Two of them (Steve and Mat) are from St. Louis. Dave isn't, but he's really cool. He produced a couple of Guster songs on this Christmas album that they did. (Irony: 3/4 of the current Gusters are Jewish. Joe the Gentile, joined after the Christmas album thing. Everybody loves Christmas.) Dave and I talked about They Might Be Giants. He's met John Linnell.

Peoria is weird. I'll tell you about it some time.

1 comment:

Matt Essner said...

That is so hot it burns my private parts.