Saturday, July 19, 2008

Three Things that Are Awesome

1. The Dark Knight. Believe the hype. This is the best movie I've seen all year. It is an intense and exhausting movie, but well worth it. It isn't a perfect film, but it's not far from it. As with Batman Begins, Christian Bale's Batman is the weakest part of the film. The way he speaks as Batman is just ridiculous. His delivery makes some pretty good dialogue seem laughable. There is also some gadget nonsense that is really unnecessary (the cell phone thing, if you've seen it). The movie would've been just fine without that, I don't know why they put it in their. But yeah. The Dark Knight is what a Batman movie should be.

2. Walcott by Vampire Weekend. I've been listening to this album a lot lately. Mostly just this song actually, but the whole album is pretty good. Really.

3. Pushing Daisies. I've only seen the first episode, so I might be jumping the gun a bit by declaring it awesome. But I really like the first episode and I needed a third thing for my "three things that are awesome post". I suppose I could have included "My Custom Van" by Michael Ian Black, but I'm still not sure about that one yet.

Anyway there's your update on things that are awesome. Deal with it.

No comments: