Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Post about Dogs.

My dog Buster died Monday at about 1 in the morning. His kidneys had been failing and he had developed a heart murmur. He had been deteriorating pretty quickly these past couple of weeks, and late Sunday night he got to the point where he was in a lot of discomfort. My mom's friend Karen, who is a veterinarian, came over and administered something to help with the pain and he died not long after.
It's been fairly well documented that I get pretty emotional about the death of pets, and Buster's passing was particularly hard for me. Buster was a very misunderstood dog, and it was pretty much all Geoff Seyer's fault. A couple of days after my mom brought Buster home from the humane society I had a few friends over, and as they were coming in the house Buster was getting pretty excited, he was barking playfully and scampering around my friends as they came in. Then Geoff came in and responding to Buster's barking by kicking at him and making his own barking kind of noises, not maliciously, he wasn't actually trying to kick Buster, regardless, ever since that day Buster treated all people that came into the house as enemy combatants (with a few exceptions).

On Thursday my mom brought a puppy from the humane society. His name is Tobias (Toby).
He's the one that's not a shoe.


No comments: