Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spaced and other things

So I'm watching the second series of Spaced right now, and I've come to a some conclusions.

Conclusion one:
It is no where nearly as good as the first series. This is mostly do to the fact that is slightly more derivative than the first series. It relies heavily on first season callbacks and movie parodies (really just in the first and third episodes).

Conclusion two: At the age of 27, Edgar Wright had more talent as a director than most other directors do after an entire career in "the biz".

Conclusion three: Nick Frost is an incredibly gifted actor. Not that the rest of the cast isn't, but Spaced is the first thing he acted in, and he's brilliant.

Conclusion four: Although it isn't as good as the first series, Episode 5, the "Gunfight" episode is one of the best half hours of television ever produced (probably in the top ten).

Enough about Spaced. What did I do this week? I can't really remember, but there was a lot of editing involved. I spent a lot of time in Grauel this week. Next week is Spring Break. Woot? I guess. More importantly, next week is both Pancake Day and St. Patrick's Day. Word.

STEVE WISSINGER IS GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW! This blows my mind. Well not really. I think Steve is going to be good at being married.

No comments: