Thursday, July 30, 2009

Night Riding

Bucket and I have been doing some night time bike riding lately. It's been fun. It kind of makes me want to do the moonlight ramble this year. I probably won't, but it would be fun.

I'm currently watching/listening to Kevin Smith's panel from Comic-Con. I may not enjoy his movies as much as I used to, but the man can work a crowd. He is a funny, funny man.

Ok, enough about things that aren't Harry Potter.

I'm reading Book 7 and am about halfway through it. I think the thing that I find so frustrating about this book is that there are a lot of good things in this book. There are a lot of really cool, really poignant scenes. Unfortunately, they are linked together by a lot of filler. One thing that occurred to me while reading is that the storyline of this book is the kind of thing that is usually covered in an entire series. The collection and destruction of four magical objects would usually take a multipart story cycle to accomplish. Anyway, I'm sure I'll have more to say about this when I'm done with the book.

No comments: