Monday, May 10, 2010

Gentlemen Broncos: Perhaps the Worst Movie I've ever Seen

I've seen a lot of bad movies; Pirate Radio, For Your Consideration, Cloverfield, The Order, Angels and Demons... and those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I'm not the kind of person that watches bad movies on purpose (usually), and I'm usually kinder on movies that are bad movies by their very nature. I don't go into movies like "Megasnake" or "From Paris With Love" thinking I'm about to see something outstanding. But when movies that have a certain pedigree turn out to be awful, I am ruthless to them. Such is the case for a film called Gentlemen Broncos.

Gentlemen Broncos is the third feature from the auteur Jared Hess. His previous outings, Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre, were both competent if not outstanding films. Gentlemen Broncos, however, is a pointless, ambling mess of a film. It is a tedious, grueling display of some of the most unpleasant characters to ever be put on film. There is no redeeming part of this film. I watched it because I like Sam Rockwell and Jermaine Clement. It is not worth it. Their additions to the film are too fleeting and too weird to be entertaining, and really, their presences aren't that fleeting, they just don't have anything to work with, and as such, when they're onscreen, I just wanted them to get off, because the movie was so terrible. . There is no humor in this movie. There is nothing pleasant about this film at all. Please, whatever you do, do not see this movie.

Iron Man 2 is pretty good though. Not as good as the first one, but still very good.

No comments: