Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Not just another entry about work and stuff

I would just like to warn all who read this that this blog has some actual content. This is not me just posting for the sake of posting. I apologize in advance to any that came here looking for that.

Ok here's some interesting facts about me. Some people have internal monolouges, wherein they examine things in a rherotical, intenal way. Although I have those sometimes, I am more prone to external dialouges. When I want to examine a line of thought I have, I speak out loud, to myself. I don't just say something, then reply though, not at all. I will say something, propose an idea or theory, then reply in a scottish accent. That way I appear twice as crazy. Actually I don't know why I do that. I discussed that with myself last night. The weird thing is, is that the Scottish me doesn't always play the same part in the dicussion, like sometimes I be the pro and scottish me will be the con, than halfway through the argument we switch posisitions. Anyway I usually only do this when I'm commuting somewhere, like last night, when I was riding my bike home from work.
During the course of said ride I determined that I have a crush on someone. This is a rather infrequent occurence for the sole reason that I do my best to prevent such situations from arising. I suppose that is a foolish thing attempt to do, because in my experience a crush is something that occurs without any sort of warning. It just sort of happens. Trying to prevent a crush is like trying to prevent the wind. You can go places where you can't feel it, but it's still there. Maybe that was a bad analogy. Maybe it wasn't, that's not for me to say. Anyway, I spent the majority of my ride home discussing the nature of crushes. Is it rational to have a crush? I decided that it is not inherently irrational to have a crush (but I think mine is somewhat irrational), just like no emotion is inherently irrational...well actually that's not true. Love is irrational...probably hate as well...but most emotions are rational or not irrational by their very nature. What is a crush? This one I never answered to my, or my scottish accented self's satisfaction. We both agreed on things that a crush is not, but had a hard time defining what a crush is. By the time I got home I was too tired to care, but I brought it up again on the way to work this afternoon. My scottish voice brought his irish and english friends and they also had no idea, nor did the australian voice that sometimes makes an appearence in these conversations. None of them showed up on the way home from work. I think we'll just agree that "a crush" is something that is best defined without words, and leave it at that. Ok, so now I'm going to tell you who I have a crush on, but you have to promise to not make fun of me. Zooey Deschanel. Yes, that Zooey Deschanel. This is why I think my crush is somewhat irrational. I have never met Zooey Deschanel, I will probably never meet Zooey Deschanel, I have only seen her in movies, and yet I find she enters my thoughts without me requesting access to any Zooey Deschanel information, which is why someone would normally enter my thoughts (that last part was implicit, but I seem to have a problem with explicit vs implicit meanings). I will be contemplating something or thinking of a story, and all of a sudden I am presented with a situation where I run into Zooey Deschanel at a book store or a gorcery store or a record store (why is retail always involved... that is a question for another time) and I must come up with something witty and charming, yet sincere and earnest to say in order to impress Zooey Deschanel. In order to demonstrate the dillusional qualities of this feeling I have, before I comitted Zooey Deschanel's name to my blog, I looked it up on IMDB to make sure I spelled it correctly, because I believe there is a chance that Zooey Deschanel could be reading this. She could google her name or something and find my blog, read this post and e-mail a polite note saying hello. Also, several sentences ago I said " I will probably never meet Zooey Deschanel" that was going to read "I will never meet Zooey Deschanel" but I didn't have the heart to type it. Surely this is some sort of madness.

No comments: