Tuesday, June 14, 2005

So I watched Dr. Strangelove...

It was pretty good. I didn't laugh. I don't think it was funny "ha ha, ha, snicker snicker ha" kind of way. More in a "wow George C. Scott is da bomb diggy" kind of way. It really makes you appreciate that generation of actors, what they did, how they did it. Peter Sellers is very good. The thing about they movie is that something like that could happen. I guess that's why they made it a comedy, so it would be less freaky? I don't know... but it was genuinely suspenseful, even though I knew what was going to happen, as the image of Captain Kong riding the bomb to it's target is a pretty inconic peice of pop culture. It was loads more realistic than the latest clancy movie... I forget what it's called... it's got Afleck... screw it.

What else, what else. I'm going to see Batman Begins tomorrow. Woo hoo? It's the comic book movie for the summer. I remember a time where there was a comic book movie that came out like once every two years maybe. Nowadays we've got at least one a season. That's not necessarily good, in fact it's usually bad, but every once in a while you get a gem like Sin City. Hopefully Batman Begins will be good. Fantastic Four is going to blow.

1 comment:

Pete said...

about that, what time do u think youll be able to make it to a batman show? call me