Saturday, June 04, 2005

Fanfiction

The 1 year anniversary of the fanfiction competition is coming up. We're thinking about having some sort of party, but we don't know when or where or what or who. There will probably be some fanfiction reading... maybe a lot of fanfiction reading... I'm not really sure. I've never been to a fanfiction party, so I don't know what to expect... well I expect it to be awesome.

Tomorrow night is the reading for the latest competition. The topic is "Firefly". I've started mine, I know what I want it to be about, I just haven't sat down to finish it yet. I'm not a very good or dilligent writer.

I saw episode 3 for the third time today. It's a fun movie, and it's a good excuse to hang out with Bob. I remember when Bob and I first watched a Star Wars movie. I think we watched Return of the Jedi first. That used to be my favorite of the Original Trilogy, was I ever that young? Anyway, Bob and I have devoted a sizable portion of our lives to Star Wars, we used to have Star Wars campaigns with our action figures, we'd play the Star Wars video games, read Star Wars books. We really like Star Wars. Recently though, we've been reinvisioning the entire series. Tonight we worked up an outline for what the movies would be like if we made them. We came up with a mythology/theology/origin for the Star Wars Galaxy. It's pretty cool. Our Star Wars movies would not have cheesy blind wipes, in fact there would be no Powerpoint editing at all in our movies. There would be nine of them, and they'd all rule.

Oh yeah, work was a bitch last week. My machine died, and Pat is on vacation. Other Pat is kind of slow, so I'm picking up a little bit of slack. Not much, cause I suck at running Pat's machine. It's a piece. My machine ran anything. It was a real trooper. Pat's machine is a total bitch and I hate it. The End.

No comments: