Tuesday, September 27, 2005

It's good to be home.

I had fun in St. Louis. The Pre-release was ok. It was long. I got a flat tire. I'm glad Spants was my partner. He doesn't take it too seriously. I would rather win, but I'm ok with losing, Spants is the same way. I think we're evenly matched as far as magic, goes. Matthew's a good player, but sometimes he lets the rules get in the way. I like the idea of the game, building an army to destroy your opponent. I like the imagery of the game. I think that stuff apeals to Matthew too, but he's more interested in mechanics. He likes to win in ways that are different and interesting. He uses his superior knowledge of the game to make things happen that seem like they shouldn't be able to happen. I like to throw hordes of Zombies at people. I think that's why pretty much all of my decks are tribal. Matthew picks cards that get what he needs done, I pick cards that would get along with the other cards if they were really creatures, hanging out in my library, waiting to be summoned... enough about magic (and if it's not enough, read Matthew's blog www.getmeoutofthis.net).

Anyway, this weekend was awesome. Hanging out with Pete and Steve is always great. We just have a ridiculous amount of common ground between the three of us. Conversation is so easy, and never dull. I spent the night at their dorm friday night. Their room is huge this year. Pete had to work in the morning, so he went to bed around 130, so Steve and I stayed up and talked till like 330, we also kicked some major ass in Mario Kart: Double Dash (this is a lie, we got rocked, it was terrible). I got to help them do their friend Tim's radio show Saturday afternoon. It was pretty cool. At some point we went to the loop, ate pizza, bought stuff, then played cranium at my uncle kevin's house. In short it was da balls. So thanks Pete and Steve for being so awesome.

Anyway, I'm home, I'm tired. I'm going to bed

2 comments:

Pete said...

your welcome

if you lived here, we would never get anything done, i realized... oh well, it would rock balls.

come back soon

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty good summary of how our play styles differ. It also explains why I'm willing to buy singles and you are not, so much (because each card in my deck tends to be important mechanically to my overall plan, thus I need as many of them as I can. This is less important to your style of deckbuilding.).
I think I'll preorder the Ravnica box now.