Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Jiggity

What is probably the last ever new episode of Monster House was shown last night. It was a pitiful ending to what was a great television show. The show started with a story from Mr. Regis Philbin. The story had something to do with Dean Martin and a steak that was eaten by a dog. Anyway, Regis was congratulating Monster House for renovating the house they fixed up for this particular episode. I think he refered to it as a rest home... maybe he didn't, but he certainly made it seem like Steve and the crew were doing some sort of service project. It turns out that the house they fixed up was that of a former upper class hollywood family, that wasn't upper class any more. They were upper middle class, or maybe just middle upper middle class, but the point is Monster House fixed up the back yard and pool house, that's right a Pool House, of this Mansion for some 75 year old guy, who's dad interviewed Marilyn Monroe on the radio or something... I was insulted. Then the reveal, which will go down in history as the worst reveal ever, was seasoned with "look-alikes" of old movie stars. I put look-alikes in quotes because none of them really looked anything like the celebrity they were supposed to look like. Anyway it was cheesy and forced, and the guy who was supposed to be a young Ronal Reagan just stood on the diving board looking like a jack ass the entire time.

I just watched The Polar Express. It's ok. Some of the people I work with really want to see it. I kind of wanted to see it. I just rented it because my mother was with me at Hastings and she wanted to see it. Hey, those three sentences I wrote are dynamite. Read them out loud a couple times and you will see my literary brilliance. I am a master of words. Don't forget the true meaning of Christmas; Santa. And some presents. But seriously: Santa Claus.

1 comment:

Pete said...

matt, call me sometime so we can plan break hangings out