Sunday, February 19, 2006

In other news...

I'm really coming around on the new Guster stuff. I've listened to their new tracks on Myspace. They're pretty good. Too bad I have to wait till June to get their new album, "Ganging up on the Sun". Yeah they're out touring right now... on the coasts. DAMN YOU THE GUSTER!!!!

So I watched Mirror Mask tonight. It was the awesome. Neil Gaiman owns you. He leased you back to yourself when it wrote Ananzi Boyz, but as soon as Books of Magic: THE MOVIE (or whateve project he releases next) comes out, he will go back to owning you and pimping your unworthy ass out to any and all persons he sees fit to pimp you to. Speaking of Neil, I'm re-reading American Gods. Here's some casting choices I would make If I were casting the American Gods mini-series that would be the most amazing thing ever:

Shadow: Nathan Fillion (Seriously. Fillion is amazing)

Odin: William Morgan Sheppard (Who is William Morgan Sheppard you ask. Well I'll tell you. I'll tell you. His performance in Star Trek VI is the most memorable to me, even though he's only in two scenes. He plays the Warden at Rura Pente. Ok, I just IMDBed him. He was also in Gettysburg. Wow! He was in Gargoyles as... get this... ODIN! Shabam. HOLY CRAP!!! He's also the dad of the guy that played Badger on Firefly. This guy has to play Odin.)

Jaquel: Michael Dorn (I don't need to justify this pick)

Mad Sweeny: Tony Curran (He's in 13th Warrior. He's also a badass. He's also in Underworld Evolution)

Ibis: Andre Braugher (Thomas from Glory, but more importantly Frank Pembleton from Homicide)

Mr. Nancy: Robert Guillaume (Seems like a Natural choice. I think he would bring considerable charm to the role)

If I think of more I'll probably let you know, the Internet.

No comments: