Thursday, January 10, 2008

Almost Unemployed

Hello My Blog.
The reason I've decided to start blogging again is to chronicle my job search. I'm looking for a job because as the title suggests, I am almost unemployed. In about 10 hours I will have concluded my term of employment with Commercial Mail Services and will therefore be in need of a new job. Why, you ask, am I ending my nearly three years service at CMS? Well that is a long and painful story... just kidding. I have a couple of night classes this semester so I would only be able to work at CMS 3 days a week and one of those three days I wouldn't be able to come in till 5ish so I wouldn't be able to get enough hours. On a personal note, I'm decidedly not too sad about my eminent departure. I was sad when I quit John's, somewhat less sad when I quit N'Orleans, but I'm not really sad at all about quitting CMS. It's probably because unlike those other places I'll still be connected to my friends that work there through Jimmy.

So far I have applied three places for jobs:
1. Staples
2. Southeast Hospital
3. Steve and Berry's

None of them have contacted me yet, but I just applied for the last 2 yesterday. They are probably still marveling at gift they have been given, the gift of me offering to work for them. Truly a great prize to be sure.

Ok well I need to take a shower cause I'm all sick and gross. Anyway, I'll keep you posted!

No comments: