Thursday, January 31, 2008

Extended White Chocolate Experience

The title to this post is something that Matthew Long used in casual conversation today. I thought it was amazing.

JOB UPDATE:

Did I tell you I applied at Ace Hardware and Bargain Hound? Cause I did, about a week ago. They aren't going to hire me.
Today I applied at Sears Grande and The Victorian Inn. I don't think Sears is going to hire me, but the Victorian Inn might, they had the least specific application I have ever seen. Sears had one of those horrendous personality tests that I keep failing. I don't think I come across well when reduced to a multiple choice personality test. Oh.... but seriously. I need a job. If I don't hear back from anyone in a week, I will officially be desperate for employment, at which point, I'll start applying to *shudder* restaurants.

Speaking of restaurants, one of the people in my Creative Writing Group, wrote an excellent essay about tipping and how it's bullshit, which it is. We were discussing the essay in class and a couple of people were really interested in it because they disagreed with him. They thought tipping is not bullshit. Ironically these people worked in the food service industries and were both frequent recipients of tips (presumably). Anyway, I found myself really itching to debate these people, but unfortunately debate did not happen. I was sad.

Good news everyone, the G string on my guitar just broke! The same thing happened around this time last year. I remember, because it happened on superbowl sunday, which is this coming Sunday if I'm not mistaken. Last time it took me a month to replace it. That's kind of weird though. Anyway... I'm kind of hungry so I'm going to do something about that.

No comments: