Friday, January 01, 2010

2010: Options, options options.

The title of this post is a reference to something my friend Matthew mutters to himself when he becomes aware of how long he is taking to make a decision while playing a game. We frequently mock him for this particular mannerism of his. I wasn't entirely sure how to punctuate the phrase.

So in case you haven't noticed, it's 2010. I've decided that I'm going to have a lot of New Year's Resolutions this year because I need to resolve to do a lot of things and I'm going to publish a list of them here to better catalog my failures for future depressive ramblings. So in no particular order here are some things I'm going to try to do during the next 365 days.

1. Finish writing and shoot and edit Drawing Bored
2. Find a real job preferably somewhere not in Cape so I can justifiably...
3. Move away from Cape
4. Write more in general, specifically screenplays and blogposts
5. Become kind of an adult, but not so much of an adult that I suck

One is going to be the easiest and most fun. Two and three have a lot of corollaries and are going to be really hard to do. Four is really more about me not wasting time as much as I currently do and Five is kind of a byproduct of 2-4, so it kind of goes without saying except for the last part, although I don't think I'll ever become that much of an adult.

Anyway, I'll try to keep you updated on my relative progress on these and other goals I have.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Bravo for blogging. I started a new one too. Check it out. We will know a lot more about each other's internet personas in 2010.