Saturday, January 09, 2010

Job Searchin'

I've been applying to a lot of jobs online recently. I don't actually believe I'm going to get any of the jobs I apply for because for the most part, I don't think these jobs actually exist. I don't know anyone who's gotten a job based on an application they filled out online or because of a resume they posted online. I really don't think the internet works like that. I'm pretty sure internet job applications are for people who are on unemployment and have to prove that they are looking for jobs.

Another reason I don't think I'm going to get any internet jobs I apply for is because I don't think my resume is very impressive, nor are my cover letters really. My problem is that I don't really like talking about myself. Well, that's not entirely true. What I don't like talking about are positive things about myself. It sort of goes against my self-deprecating style of writing.

Two unrelated music thoughts:
1. I have recently become aware of the fact that Akon Family and The Avett Brothers are not the same band.

2. I don't think there is anyway The Go! Team could ever duplicate the dynamism of their studio sound live, in concert. Proove me wrong, The Go! Team, I dare you.

2 comments:

Pete said...

Have you listened to the Avett Brothers yet?

Mary said...

So...I've applied for lots and lots of jobs on the internet and I understand your skepticism. But I've written many a cover letter and resume if you'd like a second pair of eyes to fine tune them a little. Unless you mean that your job history isn't impressive, in which case I can't help you. At all. Sorry Charles. Happy hunting, though.