Saturday, January 02, 2010

Up in the Air is a good movie and other things I'm thinking about

Don't believe the trailers, Up in the Air does have a plot, just not much of one. Don't let it's lack of plot deter you though, Up in the Air is a really good film. It's similar to Away We Go, but not as cheerful or funny and for some reason, I think I liked it more. I just IMDBed the younger girl from Up in the Air and she's apparently playing Stacey Pilgrim in the forthcoming Scott Pilgrim movie. Huzzah.

Speaking of upcoming movies, I saw some trailers for movies lately. Specifically this trailer. I'm guessing this film is some kind of joke. The original film was an occasionally funny, but nonetheless entertaining farce , but I don't see any need to remake it, especially not a mere 3 years after the original was released. There is a precedent for American studios to remake popular foreign films for American audiences, but this was a Frank Oz movie with a mostly British cast playing British people (with the exception of Alan Tudyk, who is an American actor who played a British man and Peter Dinklage, an American actor playing an American). As ridiculous as this concept is I will probably still see this movie because I like a lot of the cast, especially Mr. Peter Dinklage who has bravely chosen to play the exact same role that he played in the original film.

No comments: