Sunday, January 03, 2010

Trivia Writing for Dummies

I started writing Trivia Night questions today. I picked the easiest category to do first and got 10 questions done in about an hour and some change. The most important thing about writing Trivia Questions is that they have to be written in a way in which there is only one possible answer. This seems like it would be a pretty obvious rule for trivia writing, but I've been to some trivia nights where that wasn't always the case (Every one I went to at SEMO). I feel like my symbolic logic background has prepared me quite well for writing trivia questions. It has also prepared me for a life of crippling indecision. Thanks philosophy! Thanks for making me question even the most basic intellectual constructs so that even simple tasks, like counting, take on a whole new dimension of complexity! It's not entirely the fault of my brief foray into philosophy, I'm a pretty indecisive person anyway (mostly because of my extreme pragmatism), but still, I've never been the same since I pretended to be a philosophy major.

In other news, I'm unstoppable at Board Games this year. I've gone 7 for 8 in board games in 2010. I've won 2 games of Risk, 2 games of Race for the Galaxy, 2 games of X-box Scene-it (which although not technically on a board, it's pretty much a board game) and one game of Last Night On Earth (I should've won another game of that, but I made a couple of play mistakes and had a kind of unlucky draw). Point being, if you want your ass handed to you in sort of board game, I know a guy that can help you out: Me. I'm awesome.

1 comment:

Pete said...

I've been doing board game nights with people up here recently. I don't know that I've played too many with you. We need to remedy this. When are you coming up to visit again?