Monday, July 04, 2005

I'm finally listening to Make Believe

I've had this album on my copmuter for almost two months, and I haven't listened to it yet. I figure I should aquaint myself with the new weez stuff if I'm going to see them later this month. I'm liking what I'm hearing, but I'm only two tracks in. I'm definately hearing a little New Wavish sound in a couple of the new stuff...

So recently I've been thinking about something rather meta (as usual); Pretty People. I got started on this line of thinking because of something that happened at work... something that happened before I was hired. Apparently there used to be a very pretty girl that worked in the office at CMS, but she quit because she was getting all kinds of trouble from the wives of my bosses. Apparently my bosses' wives didn't want their men working with a pretty, young girl. They found her threatening I suppose. I never met the girl but her name was Katie, probably still is. Anyway, this led me to think about the difficulties of being a pretty person, or lack there of. Is this sort of anti-pretty sentiment common? Is it just with women? As a person that is neither pretty nor a woman, I can't answer these questions. I personally have no natural aversion to pretty people. I'm not threatened by them. Anyway, if there are any pretty people reading this, and you know who you are (At least, I assume you'd know if you're pretty. I'm almost certain you'd know, I mean, you'd have to. Yeah you'd know.), please tell me if you've ever felt discriminated against because of how you look.

So, last week sucked at work. Work itself wasn't too bad, but the amount was pretty ridiculous. This week should be better. Happy fourth of July

2 comments:

Pete said...

well, as a very pretty person (im smokin') i would like to say that i get shit all the time for being so hot...but the sex helps

K B said...

the new Weez is good ... I like it ... I kinda want to go to that concert but I'm a bum and don't ever go to concerts