Friday, November 03, 2006

Secret Movies

I just saw the Prestige. First of all, anyone who doubts that the United States of America is the greatest country in the world just take some time and observe Ms. Scarlett Johansson. Still not convinced? Look again. Any country that can produce that clearly has something special. God Bless America.
Anyway about the movie. I think I figured it out too early. I can't say when I figured it out, but it was definately before the final act of the film. Also it was just me and Bob in the theater so we just speculated out loud for the majority of the film and as it turns out, we were mostly right. I'm not saying it isn't enjoyable once you know what's going on and where the film is going, it just sort of takes the wind out of the sails a bit. Fortunately the cast is so superb the film would be a joy to watch if they were just playing Ping Pong for 2 and a half hours.

No good trailers before the movie sadly. Stranger than Fiction. A Good Year (what the Hell is with this movie!? Ridley Scott, that angry Australian guy I keep hearing about, making some sort of "love" movie?) Deja Vu. Apacalypto. Deja Vu. Ho hum.

So next weekend is fast approaching. Huzzah.

Work is going to suck today. Just thought you'd like to know.

No comments: