Friday, August 24, 2007

I can't move my arms

I lifted with Dustin Wednesday and Thursday and consequently, I can't comfortably move my arms.

I'm almost done with my first week of class of the semester. Here's a brief summary;

Intro to Film and TV production: My favorite class ever.
History of Mass Media: Could be worse, Dr. Baldwin seems like a lot of fun
EN 140: The jury is out on this one.
MC 155: I enjoy this class in the same way I enjoy bad movies. I love the fact that Bob hates it. It's very entertaining.

Speaking of bad movies, I've probably watched the Across the Universe trailer a dozen or so times. I really don't think it's going to be a good movie, but I already know I'm going to like it. I suppose there's a slim chance it will be good, but I'm not holding my breathe. Just from watching the trailer I can tell you that the girlfriend will probably die and her brother definitely will. Jude will end up alone either way and it will still be the 1960's. I hate the 1960's. It's a very smug decade. I just read that they're going to be releasing 2 soundtracks for the film though. A regular 16 track one and the super deluxe 31 track version. Guess which one I'll be buying.

I saw Superbad again tonight. I agree with Matthew, it's 2/3 of a good movie.

You'll be pleased to know that I'm not reading Order of the Phoenix now. You're probably tired of hearing my views on that particular English teenage wizard. That isn't to say I'm giving up on my complete reread, I'm just taking a break. I think I'll probably pick up the series again around fall break. I can't wait for fall. Several stores I've been to are already selling Halloween merch. It's not even September. It's more than 2 months till All Hallows Eve. Capitalism is awesome.

That's all for now. I need to go brush up on my complete world knowledge.

No comments: