Thursday, January 01, 2009

Expectations.

This post may or may not be improved by listening to the Belle and Sebastian song that shares a title with the title of this post.

It's 2009, in case you hadn't noticed. The next 5 months might be the busiest/most important of my life to date, and here is a list, conveniently itemized and number for ease of reading, of all the things I have to do before May 18, 2009.

1. Finish writing Notre Dame's trivia night.
2. Apply for a practicum.
3. Apply for graduation.
4. Sign up for CL004.
(actually these first four need to be done before Jan 20)
5. Cast, shoot and edit my practicum short film (this one needs to be done by April 26 and it's without a doubt the most ambitious project I've ever done).
6. Pass all of my classes this semester with a C or better.
7. Look for and find some sort of job for after graduation.
8. Attend Steve and Mary's wedding (this one should be pretty fun, but I do need to request off work for it though).
9. Figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of my life.
10. Finish my screenplay(this one is for extra credit).
11. Work on one of two secret mystery projects that have to be done before graduation.

I've toyed around with the idea of quitting my job for the semester so I'll have more time to get stuff done, but I think we all know I would probably just squander said free time by playing x-box or hanging around on facebook. But I'll probably only be able to work 2 days a week anyway because of how jacked up my class schedule is.

In other movie related news, I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button today. If you're planning on watching it, save yourself some time and just watch Big Fish. You'll have a much better time, and you won't have to stare at Cate Blanchett for 3 hours (am I only one that finds her somewhat off-putting?).

Anyway, I'm going to pretend to go to bed, but I'm really just going to waste time on facebook.

No comments: