Thursday, January 22, 2009

Second Thoughts

So I was bored today (how tired are you of hearing me say this?). I spent most of the day at home, which is something I don't really like doing, if I can avoid it. It's not that I don't like my house, but usually, if I'm here, it means I'm not being productive and apparently, productive is something I don't like not being. Anyway, to alleviate my boredom I went to participate in some good old fashioned capitalism (which is what I usually do in these sorts of situations), but instead of buying something ridiculous (like an X-box 360), I bought a couple of movies that I have enjoyed for a very long time, but have never owned. I bought The 13th Warrior and Grosse Point Blank, the latter of which I'm currently watching. Watching Grosse Point Blank has made me realize a couple of things: 1. Grosse Point Blank is probably my number 5 favorite movie of all time. It is such a great movie. 2. The script I was going to use for my practicum project is eerily similar to Grosse Point Blank. Not so much storywise (although, it kind of is that too), but as far as structure. It has me a bit concerned. I don't want to just make an inferior version of Grosse Point Blank. I'm thinking about writing something new. I have no idea what I'd write.

No comments: