Saturday, May 27, 2006

Autobiographical Nonsense.

I think I overuse elipses (... , ... , ... , ...). It is my single flaw.

So me and Bucket (or Buchheit and I for those of you that enjoy formality {or Sir Matthew Haberdasher Buchheit and Myself, Captain Zany Mc Sweatertan for those of you that enjoy opiates}) went downtown tonight to listen to Renick's band.

Firstly, observations on the band. Although they songs were pretty good, they were quite formulaic: sing the verse, sing the chorus, jam for about 3 minutes, slow down, end song. They playedevery song this way. EVERY SONG. They played "Me and Julio down by the school yard". It was not as good as the original.

Secondly, observations on the evening:

1. Matt Buchheit is a good person to hang out with.
2. I saw a lot of people from highschool including but not limited to: Liesl Schoenberger, Matt Pobst, Nathan Legrand, Jen B, Jen Van G, Lara Slaten, and Jacob Roth.
3. Jacob Roth looks a lot like Kevin Smith, but Nathan Legrand looks exactly like Jason Lee as Banky Edwards.
4. If I liked beer, I'd probably like dark beer. Of the ones I tried tonight, I definately liked the darker.

Hanging around with my "peers" makes me very self concious. I was very over shod. I think Buchheit and I were the only guys there wearing shoes. Sandals defiantely were the order of the day.

Seeing bands play makes me wish I was better at playing guitar. I feel like I'm actually getting better, but I'm probably not. I need to practice more.

Still, it was a pretty fun night.

Beulah, Bishop Allen, The Islands, Danielson all rock pretty hard. The Raconteurs are ok.

No comments: