Thursday, May 18, 2006

Reflections on being elderly.

So I've been 22 for a day or so now. It doesn't feel any different from being 21. It's slightly different from being 20, but the differences are sublte enough to be negligible. I didn't really do much for my birthday. I had lunch with my family, hung out at Danny's for a bit, then went to work, came home, ate supper, played some Warcraft three for a bit, then went to bed. I tried to make it an early night cause I had to get up early this morning to do a morning route at work. I really have rather low expectations for my birthday. I'm not 13 anymore, so it's pretty much up to me to make my birthday whatever I want it to be. Turning 22 a week or so after I would've graduated from college, had I been trying hard sort of puts this getting older business into a harsher light. Kind of makes me realize that I've got 2 more years (at least) of college ahead of me. My goal now is to graduate by the time Pete, Steve and Josh do. Barring that, graduating before Katie, Lauren and Ali.

Holy crap it's thursday. Today is Stu's last day. We're supposed to play poker tonight after work to celebrate his departure. Real poker, for money, not rubber bands. I'm pretty stoked, even though i'm going to lose. I always lose. Stu is just too damn lucky and Jimmy is too damn good. Oh well, maybe with actual money on the line people will play more cautiously allowing me and my "Always Bluff" strategy to win the day.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Happy Birthday, man

Im goin camping w/ B and David this weekend, but may be back in cape sat night. Gimme a call sometime.