Friday, May 19, 2006

The Pirate King

I won five bucks at poker last night. Jimmy won the first game, I won the second. I took Stu out both games, but the hand I won it on was quite amazing. I was up like three hundred on Jimmy. He goes all in (which is like 200) after the flop. I have a 5, 7 suited and am looking for a straight or a flush, but I follow him in anyway without much on the board. A five and an seven end up coming out which leaves me sitting pretty with two small pair, much to Jimmy and his pocket aces chagrin.
I got the complete series of The Lone Gunmen for my birthday, from Ben. For those who don't remember, The Lone Gunmen was a spin-off series of the X-files that focused on this group of guys and their whistle-blowing independent newspaper. It's really not as good as I remember it being when it aired on fox 6 or 7 years ago, but the pilot episode features a 737 being hijacked by "terrorists" and almost being flown into the World Trade Center in New York. That was kind of spooky.

The Da Vinci Code opens this weekend. I heard it sucks. I might go see it if I got nothing better to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we going to see x-3 saturday, or something? you should start calling me more often after you get off work