Monday, February 23, 2009

Jai Ho!

Remember what I said last semester when I signed up for advanced video production about how I was afraid it would take up all my time and I wouldn't have time to get practicum stuff done? You probably don't remember that, because I didn't actually tell you, but I told myself, and some other people. Then Jones was like "You should totally take the class" and then I was like "You said the same thing about After Effects" and he was like "Yes I did. Mu ha ha ha ha ha." So on Jones's advice and some decision making based on my recent lameness, I signed up for the class, and it is completely taking up a lot of my time.

I'm supposed to be the tech crew for a one woman show that's being performed at SEMO on Tuesday. I will be doing the work of three people, and doing it pretty badly. My plan is to spend as much of the next 30 hours or so in the theater practicing cues and becoming some sort of lighting ninja. Fortunately, Droid is coming up to school tonight to help me do some focusing and programming of light boards, so maybe I'll just steal all of his magical gaffer powers. Wish me luck. Seriously (actually, if you are granted some wishes, and you didn't wish for me to be lucky while running lights and sound for this performance, I would totally not hold it against you).

The soundtrack to Slumdog Millionaire is my favorite album of the year so far (even though, it probably came out last year). Now I have to figure out what pants I'm going to wear today (probably the toughest decision I'll make all day).

No comments: