Sunday, October 30, 2005

"The Infanta"; The Decemberists

So the game went well last night. It went better than I'd have hoped. Matt Buchhiet showed up a jaw-dropping two hours late, but it all worked out ok cause we didn't start on time anyway. I think everyone had fun. I certainly did. I don't think Matthew liked my stew, but I wasn't especially thrilled with it either. I had never made stew before. I think it turned out a little bland. But that bread! How about that.

So now that the game is over I have to do all those things I'd been putting off, like the two papers that I have to do. I wonder when I'll do those things. I can't tomorrow. Tuesday I'm at work. Oh well. I'll figure it out. I also need to figure out that other thing I need to figure out before the semester ends.

Hey! Halloween is tomorrow!!! I'm actually not too terribly excited about tomorrow as I won't be able to do any of the things I normally do on Halloween, namely visit family members and eat candy. Work is going to be a bitch tomorrow. Oh well. I had Halloween yesterday.

Well I think I gots to take Ben back to St. Louis now, so I'm outta here!

This post is dedicated to Shit Surgeon Brian. You will be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm not an adventurous eater. Also, I haven't really had stew either... I dunno. What I ate was fine, the rest scared me and I, you know, didn't. You really shouldn't use me as a benchmark on how effective any sort of cooking endeavor is.

Pete said...

oh yes. the beast joke is fondly in my memory as a key role in the development of our friendship.