Sunday, May 15, 2005

Here's a post for today.

I finished watching Firefly this morning. It was around 1:30. I'm sad now. I'm sure this phenomenon isn't singular to me. When you finish reading a good book/watching a TV series you like, do you feel sad? Usually this only happens to me after the initial viewing/reading, but it has be known to reoccur upon second and third readings. Mostly with Harry Potter books. But yeah, Firefly is American Television at it's best. Pretty much all of the best of television (I know how odd the preceding phrase is, but I can't put it any other way) was shown, and cancelled by fox. That's right, the network that brought us "Who wants to marry a millionaire?", "The Simple Life", "Temptation Island", "The Swan", "Me and the Seven angry Primates"... you get the picture. Fox takes chances. Sometimes it doesn't succeed, but sometimes it does. And when it does you get shows like Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Family Guy, Arrested Development, The Tick, Cracking Up (Which had both Jason Schwartzman AND Zooey Deschanel), and of course Firefly.

I'm trying to find music to accompany my melancholy mood. It's not working.

One day, when I'm feeling like typing a whole bunch, I'll fill you in on my feeling towards fame and fandom. Right now, I'm going to bed. I have to go to a family reunion later, I figure I'll need sleep.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Im glad i hooked you on an amazing show. I did this so you could fully appreciate the movie and so you can take one more step towards becoming a Wissinger